Golf is a popular sport world over for most people, among them adults and kids. To learn more about types of sports, you can order an essay from this website. Adults account for a huge proportion of the golf fan base compared to kids. Attribution, for most of it, lies in the subtleness and adult-oriented attributes of golf compared to other sports like baseball. For kids to embrace golf as a sport, their parents have to plant and nurture the idea of golf as an important and fun sport, just like the other sports.
10 Reasons for Kids to Embrace Golf as a Sport
There’s no doubt golf constitutes a great game, and there is no better method to learn aspects of the game than learning through the First Tee. The First Tee was founded in 1997 and is the perfect avenue for young kids to learn about the sport and different aspects of the sport as well. The benefits of golfing for adults are well documented; however, not so much for kids. So how can a kid benefit from indulging in golf as a sport?
- Kids get to relish the outdoor environment. Golf provides young people a perfect opportunity to go out and spend some hours sampling the fresh air, and all manner of fauna and flora. It is because a golf course features the natural, including the green grass, sand, and artificial water ponds that create course obstacles.
- Kids get to develop lifetime friendships. Golf courses offer ideal environments to meet and interact with different people. You can never really know the next person you stand next to, which offers a perfect opportunity to strike conversations and forge friendships if you like one another. The same applies to kids in developing their social skills.
- Exercise personal responsibility. Most times, the ball never bounces the way you want, and regardless of the outcome, you always bear the responsibility alone, and you can’t blame teammates for any shortfall. Kids get to realize this important aspect of life at a very early age, which grooms them to be responsible citizens.
- Kids get a safe space for playing. Golf courses are safe spaces that facilitate kid mentoring in the right environment.
- Kids learn to control their emotions. Golfing has close parallels to actual life’s functional aspects. The lows and highs when playing, especially experiences from triple bogeys to birdies, rewards a kid’s capacity to keep every swing in perspective. It also helps them maintain an optimistic outlook and manage emotions with every shot.
- Kids get to appreciate diversity: an individual can play the game of golf throughout his life. It also doesn’t discriminate against race, gender, age skill level, or size.
- Kids get to prepare for future business: Golf as a sport assists in preparing teens and kids for future professions in commerce and many others.
- Kids get to learn about etiquette: Children should indulge golfing as a sport as it features elements that are often absent in the present dispensation’s win-at-all-costs mentality. Golf emphasizes mostly on etiquette as there are no referees or judges, and so, players have to govern competitors and themselves as well.
- Kids get to spend quality time with their families: Golf encourages family involvement and participation.
- Kids get to develop life’s healthy routines. Kid obesity is a pandemic in most countries, and golf encourages them to get off the sofa. When kids walk around the golf course while carrying a bag, they will exercise and shed off the extra calories as estimates put it that a person weighing 150-pounds burns 350 calories after doing 10,000 steps.
Through the incorporation of golf programs for kids to organizations involved in youth development and elementary education institutions, golf and its values have managed to reach 7.6 million kids. The First Tee, in particular, has facilitated the shaping of children’s lives from every cadre of life. It has reinforced the values of perseverance, respect, and integrity, and has positively impacted participants, their communities, and families.
Every sport has its advantages to a kid, and golf is no different. It provides a unique cluster of benefits for your child. Indulge your child in golf and watch them flourish into healthy and robust individuals.